Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Dark Game...

Michael is afraid of the dark. He wakes up in the middle of the night scared of the shadows in his room...shadows created by the nightlight or the hall bathroom light.  He tells us of his dreams: "Mommy, I saw a star fall in my bedroom."

What? That's a "three-in-the-morning" question. It's a miracle I make it down the hallway to his bedroom without running into the walls.

Enter: The Dark Game. My husband thought of this one.  It consists of a very dark room, one flashlight, and anyone who wants to play. They go in, sit on the floor shining the flashlight around the room...until they accidentally discovered shadow puppets.


Not quite sure what this one was...I think Michael was growling like a dinosaur. Yeah, I see it.


These were baby bunny rabbits...one of which was sitting on his head.

But my favorite are precious little profiles: Melody....


....and Michael.


It's so much fun playing The Dark Game...even if it still hasn't cured Michael of being afraid of the dark!

1 comment: