Sunday, February 26, 2012

Expansion in My Coupon World...

You already know I love to coupon but I am reading a book a dear friend brought to me on how to expand my horizons in the coupon world....to take couponing to the next level. I coupon to save money but I've read from discussions in coupon forum all over the internet where ladies who started couponing end up spending more money on deals than actually saving money. It's easy to do.  But I'm wanting to do something bigger, like...
Seriously, I'm reading about cutting my grocery bill in half.  I feel like I do a pretty good job at saving but I literally want to cut what I do spend in HALF...and not just on my grocery bill. I want to spend half the time grocery shopping so I can spend more time with my family.

I'm only in the third chapter of this book and already I've notice a theme:  If you shop less, you spend less. Absolutely true...the fewer times I go to the grocery store the fewer times I spend money.

My second observation: The authors only go grocery shopping once a month--ONCE A MONTH! It starts with planning: menu, grocery lists, etc.

So as I continue to read this book I will be writing posts on how I am going about changing the way I grocery shop and the amount of money I spend. Are you ready? Then buckle up...it's going to be a FUN ride...and don't forget your coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment