Monday, February 20, 2012

Learning to Schedule...

Schedules are a part of my make-up...I'm crazy like that. I like things organized and....well, simple. But life is not always easy to schedule and I'm learning, especially with two little ones, that you schedule where you can. Otherwise sit down, buckle up, and enjoy the ride! I know me and when I'm not able to get things done I'm (hate to say it)...grumpy!

Did you know that I started training our children when they were six weeks old to start sleeping through the night? Now wait...I didn't say that one night I just didn't get up and feed them. No, this was a gradual process, over a period of time. Again...I know me. I know that if I don't get enough sleep Mama's a BEAR! I can't function...brain process almost become non-existent. And with my life I have to be at the top of my game everyday.  Like Bible reading, I have to do it early in the morning while the kids are sleeping. It gives me a good dose of God's grace to be able to handle what the day throws at me--or what my children "throw" at me, for that matter (those little "bundles of surprises")! And if I don't do it then it won't ever get done!

So it's not a shocker that when it comes to school I like to have things planned out. Before we even started the first day I knew what goals needed to be accomplished after the first year of preschool (whether we actually reach them is another story), giving me a good direction to go. Then I bought a lesson plan to write it all down...


This particular book does two jobs at once: keeps grades and the lesson plans. Simple, right? That's me--"schedually" uncomplicated.  (How'd you like that one? I can imagine my Mom, the English teacher, cringing!)

Oh, and it will make it easy when Melody starts next year. All the works been done...thanks to Me!

This is what a typical three-day week looks like...


I start by writing down all the general things we do:  Pledges, Leading Little Ones to God (children's devotional book), Name tracing/writing, Action Rhymes, Shapes, Color, Cutting, Numbers, Letter, and the Verse (coordinates with the letter).  Then I go back in and write down specifics: lesson number, page numbers, etc. (All worksheets I print off of the computer I print two and then file away for the next year with Melody.)

It helps me to be organized, especially when it comes to the education of my children. It's important to me that they have a love for learning centered around the Word of God. If I start now who knows what kind of an impact it can have on their lives later...that's why I do it.

2 comments:

  1. So when are you going to start marketing that pre-school lesson plan? Because I will so be your first customer. Not kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so funny....never thought of actually putting one together to market. You just might have something there!

    ReplyDelete