Monday, March 19, 2012

Learning Outside the Box...

Since my little man is a kinisthetic learner, meaning he learns better by using his hands, I've been on the hunt for activities where he can be active and learn at the same time.  I've asked teacher friends and I've searched the internet to help me out. One website I like is called Preschoolmama.com, a site that give 40 GREAT Preschool number activities to help boost counting skills.

Even though I rely heavily on the internet to help me in my quest to supply my little preschooler with great activities I put my noggin' to good use too. One day (mind you these pictures were taken near the beginning of school last September) I had taken the kids outside for some much needed energy-releasing activities...and I grabbed my camera just in case. I watched them find the outdoor chalk sticks I had purchased at Dollar General and choose a few colors for themselves...
I watched them begin to scribble around on the driveway....
Awww...aren't they so cute?
I was just snapping away when all of a sudden this little light bulb EXPLODED in my brain: Duh, practice the letters your going over in school!!

Hey, Michael, let's write the letter "Aa" we learned in school last week.

Ahhhh...I could see the little light bulb go off in his eyes. Great idea, Mommy! He went to work...
Sissy tried to copy...
Using sidewalk chalk to practice writing skills is a great way of thinking outside the "School Room" Box.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment