Friday, March 30, 2012

When Did Google Become a Verb?

I had quite a bit of time on my hands yesterday...no kids, doctor's office, completed Kindle book, hospital, CT scan table--Oh, it was a fun day. And when there's nothing to draw me away from just thinking, I usually let my mind wander. This is the path it, being my mind, took:
  1. "Mrs. Smith, why do some pianos have three pedals and some have two?" Hmm...that is very good question. Let me GOOGLE that.
  2. "So what does an x-ray look like for a person having an asthma attack?" Ahhh, GOOGLE....
  3. "What team did Peyton Manning decide to go to?" I dunno but I bet GOOGLE will. (Ok, ok...that's not a verb.)
  4. "What is in that disgusting concoction they give you to drink right before a CT scan?" Crystal Lite certainly does NOT disguise any of the taste....guess I should GOOGLE that.
  5. "Why does shooting iodine through an IV make you feel like your blood is burning?" GOOGLE it, right?
  6. "Who has ever heard of someone getting a viral infection in the lymph nodes of their lower abdomen?" GOOGLE-ing should give me the answer to that.
That last one was a thought I had after ending the phone conversation with my doctor yesterday afternoon. I did GOOGLE it and apparently I'm not the only one who's been sick like this. 

Thanks, Google. I've permanently added "GOOGLE-ing" to my vocabulary.

1 comment:

  1. I guess there is a search engine called BING....I like *Google It* better! It's always good to be informed in any way we can. It can save money, time and resources.

    ReplyDelete