Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Butterfingers Craft Project...

Disney puts out a magazine called Family Fun full of great ideas for snacks, crafts, and games for children of any age.  You can usually snag a subscription for FREE which is exactly how I started getting my magazine. The May issue arrived in my mail yesterday looking like this...
I usually flip through to see if anything catches my eye and if not, off to the recycle bin it goes.  But this issue had a craft project perfect for my Michael. It's called Butterfingers...
So today at the end of school time we attempted this project and let me just say Michael was THRILLED. It combined everything he loves to do: tracing, cutting, and painting. We began by folding a piece of computer paper in half. Michael laid his left hand down at the fold and I drew a general outline before he laid his right hand down, overlapping slightly. Like this...
Next, he took over by cutting the pencil line...
After the outline was cut out we opened up the fold to reveal the whole finger butterfly...
Then the fun part: time to paint! Now this is Michael's area of expertise...
He was thrilled with the final product. So was I for that matter...
Sorry, the Butterfinger really does have another antennae. It had flopped back because the paint was wet.

I especially like the glitter Michael added to give it that sparkle touch--a touch of creativity!

This is definitely a fun project well worth doing with a three year old! Enjoy--we did!

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Kari! I'm gonna try this with Grace sometime this week! Michael has some serious cutting skills. Good job.

    ReplyDelete