Thursday, April 19, 2012

Flying Back to Houston...

This is the last set of pictures from my trip last weekend. *sigh* I was at it again...snapping pictures from the plane window. I wanted so badly to get a photo of downtown Houston from the air but this was all I was able to get...
My flight was an hour late because of storms in the area and there was still quite a bit of cloud cover when we flew in. If you follow Hwy 59 you can see a few of the high rises poking through the clouds. Nothing like playing "Where's Houston?"...

There were still some storms in the area but farther south. Here's the backside of the front that went through earlier that day...
I believe it was storming over my house at that time.

Because we were late I was a little surprised when we flew right by this...
It's the airport...the airport we were suppose to land at...and we flew right by it! Made me want to ask, "Ummm, isn't that where we get off?" Instead I buckled up and enjoyed the ride. Seriously, I was buckled up because we were on approach and there wasn't really anything better to do but look out the window.  We flew up and around and came back...we were late after all.

And then when we landed I couldn't imagine the flaps of the plane extending down any farther...
I kept my eye on them to make sure one of them didn't break off.

Traveling is the best and I can't wait until the next big adventure...flying, of course!!

No comments:

Post a Comment