Friday, April 13, 2012

How My Garden Grows...

My Mom has an incredible Green Thumb, a gene which I did NOT inherit. I don't necessarily kill every plant I own but I have been known to let them die of dehydration...especially during our hot Texas summers. Over the last couple of weeks the few plants I do have are blooming; quite beautifully, I might add.

Like the Gardenia bush in front of my living room windows...
What a perfect time to capture this magnificent flower. If only I could pass the scent along to you...it was divine!

Then there's this flower cloistered with two buds. The whole bush is covered in buds. I hope they all bloom at once!
Then there's my hibiscus I planted last year at the corner of my house. It replaced a bush that died the winter before when the temperatures dipped below freezing. Freezing temperatures are unusual so far south but they do happen. I kind of like this bush better than the one that came with the house...
This last photo was taken one Sunday morning before leaving for church. My kids spotted a web hanging from another bush in our front yard. Unfortunately a bird had captured the spider leaving a half hanging web but the dew drops on the silky strands left untouched just seem to say, "Take a picture of me! I'm way too pretty to pass up."

I gave in. Coward!
Now that's a big web! Can't imagine how big the spider was.

Ahhh....here's the birdhouse my sister-in-law gave me for Christmas. I LOVE it...
...probably not as much as the birds do. They're about to eat us out of house and home. They eat more than my kids do! If those creatures had their way I'd have to fill the feeder up every day. This photo was taken right after a fill-up before I left on my trip...

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment