Monday, April 30, 2012

Perfect Potatoes Au Gratin...

I'm back with yet another Pioneer Woman recipe that I made for the monthly Ladies Meeting at my church this last Thursday night. So far this is my favorite recipe book right now....
I know, I know...you've already seen this picture before but I must give credit to whom credit is do. After all I'm not creative enough to throw together a wonderfully, tasty dish like this.

If you like cheese and potatoes then you are going to LOVE this dish. It must have turned out decently or there would have been more than a spoonful left by the end of the night.
Once again you can find her recipe online HERE with the options on the right for the print size that you would like it in. I noticed that her online recipe doubles the potatoes, cream, milk, flour, salt, and cheese to make 16 servings. The one in her recipe book serves eight. So if you choose to make the smaller version you can still follow the directions for the 16-servings, just remember to cut everything else in half--except the first ingredient: 2 Tbsp. butter, softened. This is used to cover the inside of the baking dish anyways.

So here is what you'll need for eight servings:

2 Tbsp. butter, softened
4 large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
1/2 cup whole milk
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1 cup freshly grated sharp Cheddar cheese 
2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)


This is "Mm-Mm Good" and a perfect side dish for any meat! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment