Friday, April 27, 2012

Pioneer Woman's Cauliflower Soup...

Oh, have I got a recipe to share with you! This is A.W.E.S.O.M.E...and it's from my favorite cook and blogger, Ree Drummond, from Pioneer Woman.

Remember this book?
Yeah, it's loaded with wonderfully, flavored food that my family and I like to eat. That's why I'm enthralled with her recipes...especially since she gives step by step instructions WITH pictures. For someone who has no creativity when it comes to cooking I desperately need Help!! expanding my recipe repertoire. Her cookbook is also available on iTunes for $16.99 if you're interested.

So without further ado let me share with you one of Pioneer Woman's recipe for Cauliflower soup.

You can go HERE to print the recipe to try for yourself (you can choose the size you want to print at right above the recipe: 3"x5" cards, 4"x6" cards, full page, or full page with image)....meaning, I am not going to write detailed instructions; just the ingredients you'll need. But it's good--Oh, it's very good!!

Here's what you will need:

1 stick butter
1/2 onion, finely diced
1 carrot, finely diced
1 celery stalk, finely diced
1 cauliflower head, cored and roughly chopped
2 Tbs. finely minced parsley
2 quarts low-sodium chicken broth or stock
6 Tbs. all-purpose flour
2 cups whole milk
1 cup half-and-half
1 to 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
Black pepper to taste
1 Heaping cup sour cream, at room temperature
Crusty bread, for serving

I am not a big fan of cauliflower unless it's drenched in a cheese sauce but this little recipe would certainly make me eat it up...All of it! Enjoy--you won't be disappointed. And if I can make it, you can too!


No comments:

Post a Comment