Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Adventure on the Bay...

This summer I have the privilege of watching two girls from my church while their parents are working.  They have been such a joy to watch, helping me out with any housework that needs to be done. And since we are getting ready to be gone a few days I've been relying on their help to get my house in order.  So after doing some cleaning yesterday morning we headed down to Galveston for a little bit of fun...
...in the form of a ferry ride.

Now I've ridden the ferry on two other occasions but never cease to be amazed at how much fun it is to be out on the water. The kids seemed to feel the same way...
We even had the awesome privilege of seeing several porpoises, my son called them "sharks", frolicking in the water. They didn't seem to want to pose for pictures.  But this group did...
We passed a shipping vessel....
HUGE does not even begin to describe it. Hmmm....mammoth? That sounds better.

We came into port....
....and spent some time up in the air conditioning while cars were unloaded and then re-loaded.
They look hot, don't they?

We rode back with the waves from the front of the boat spraying us in the face...
and waved hello to other passing ferry-riders...
What fun! If you're ever in Galveston I highly recommend riding the ferry. You can walk or drive on...whichever you choose. And it's FREE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment