Monday, July 16, 2012

Shopping for School...

I absolutely LOVE shopping for school supplies. It must be the teacher in me or the fact that Fall is the best part of the year. That means school starts (back to less chaotic schedules), cooler weather, and FOOTBALL!! (Go Stings!! Go Longhorns!! Go Texans!!)

Sorry, I'm easily side-tracked today....Now where was I? Oh yes, school supplies.

Last year our church collected school supplies to give to the kids that ride our vans to church on Sundays and we're doing it again this year.  I posted earlier this morning about certain GREAT Back to School deals I saw in the Walgreens, CVS, Target, and Office Depot weekly add and you can find them by simply clicking HERE. I made a trip to all of them except Target and just HAD to share with you about my fabulous shopping trip:

Walgreens:
  • 6 Wexford 2 Pocket Folders with Prongs--$1.00
  • 4 Wexford Pencil Sharpeners ($.39 each)--$1.56
  • 4 Wexford #2 Yellow Pencils (8 ct. at $.39 each)--$1.56
  • Used $4 Register Reward that expires this week
  • Spent:  $.13!!
  • Saves:  $13.94!!
CVS:
  • 20 2-Pocket Folders ($.10 each)--$2.00
  • 3 1-Subject Notebooks (3/$1)--$1.00
  • Spent: $3.25!!
  • Saved:  $19.37!!
Office Depot:
  • 3 Pencil Sharpeners ($.10 each, limit 3)--$.30
  • 5 2-Pocket folders with Prongs--$.50
  • 5 2-Pocket folders without Prongs--$.50
  • Spent: $1.41
  • Saved: $6.07

For my entire trip I spent a grand total of $4.71 and saved....(drum roll!!)....$39.38!! Awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment