Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bacon Egg Cups...

With all these new recipes I've been trying and posting about I should have a complete new menu in no time! If you love eggs with cheese and bacon then you are REALLY going to love this little recipe. It comes from Second Chance to Dream under the category 25 Make Ahead Back to School Breakfasts. This is super fast and super easy. Go ahead...make some breakfast!

Bacon Egg Cups


What You Will Need:
12 slices of bacon (or however many cups you are making--I only made 5)
8 eggs (With 5 cups I used four eggs)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

What You Will Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Whip the eggs, salt, pepper and cheese with a fork. Spray non stick spray in 12 muffin tins. Wrap each piece of bacon inside the sides of each muffin cup.

Fill each bacon line muffin cup 3/4 of the way with the egg mixture.

Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the egg cups are golden brown and don't jiggle. Use a knife to scoop them out of the tins. Serve immediately. (I sprinkled a little cheese on the top when they came out of the oven because I love extra cheesy eggs. What can I say?)

According to Fat Girl Trapped In A Skinny Body, where you can find pictured steps to this recipe, each cup is about 100 calories

Let me know if you try these and what you think. Being on a low-carb diet these were a perfect way to break up the monotony of scrambled eggs and bacon. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment