Thursday, January 31, 2013

Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes...

There may be a lot of changes that come with a move but one thing has NOT changed: I'm still searching through Pinterest every chance I get. I'm really interested in finding easy, delicious recipes for the crock pot. 

You see our Sundays are church days. Where we used to live we had our Sunday evening service at 2 pm. Where we live now the evening service starts at 6 pm, which means there's quite a break in between the morning and evening service. It's nice to let the kids get a full nap in during a rather hectic day, but this gives rise to another problem: the kids have to be fed before we go to church. Oh...and I play the piano for the choir who practices at 5 pm. Hmmm...what to do about dinner. I got it--Crock Pot!

So below is a most delicious recipe that we tried this last Sunday. I put it in while the kids ate breakfast and let it cook all day. I'd make it again just for the mouth-watering smell that greeted us when we arrived home from the morning service! It's super easy! Enjoy--and come back and leave a note if you do get a chance to try it. I'd loved to hear what you thought of it!

Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes
What You Will Need:
10 pounds of potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 large onion, diced
16 slices thick cut bacon, uncooked and diced
4 cups shredded taco blend cheese
1 28 oz. can cream of chicken soup

What You Will Do:
  • Place half of the sliced potatoes in the bottom of the crock pot.
  • Top with half of the onion, cheese and bacon.
  • Repeat layers.
  • Top with cream of chicken soup.
  • Cook on low, 8 to 10 hours.

2 comments:

  1. The Crock Pot Potato recipe looks wonderful! I am going to try it,,,,,but just with 5 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first made this recipe I made it with 5 lbs. but with two children and 4 adults there wasn't much leftovers for lunches. So I think next time we will use ten pounds. This is one of those "Keeper" recipes! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete