Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Toast...

Mmm...this was DE-Licious! Since we are moving in eight days I have been trying to use up some of the "extra" things in the refrigerator: like, stick butter. Can't put that in a storage unit. I had re-pinned this mouth-watering recipe for Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Toast, as tried on Foodie Wife-Kitchen, from a friend. Just thought I'd try it out this morning on my kids who ask for Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal all the time. Let me show you my son's response...
He ate THREE slices after he'd finger-licked the butter bowl when I wasn't looking. I would say "Yuck!" but don't knock it 'til you try it. The butter mixture is super-good!

Here's how it goes...

Cinnamon Toast


What You Will Need:
8 slices of bread
1 stick salted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon groung nutmeg (optional)

What You Will Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Smush softened butter with a fork. Dump in sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg, if using. Stir to completely combine.

Spread on slices of bread, completely covering the surface all the way to the edges.

Place toast on a cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil until golden brown and bubbling. (Took 1 min. on broil for me.)  Watch so it won't burn!

Remove from oven and cut slices into halves diagonally.

*If you'd like to print out the recipe, simply click HERE and scroll to the bottom of the toast. Under the signature will be a box with three tabs: description, recipe, about. At the bottom of the box you can hit "save" or "print" to put in your recipe box. Enjoy! I know we did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment