Monday, February 4, 2013

Carmel Apple Cheesecake Dip...

Hold on to your computer screens. Do I have a delicious dessert dip recipe to share with you. I tested out this new dip Saturday at a small get together that was held at my parent's house. We were sorta' celebrating Ground Hog Day...meaning, we just wanted a reason to get together for some great barbecue and a tournament of Rook.

So after peeling the apples to go around the outside of the platter I found one of my nephews shoveling one apple slice after another in his mouth. He wasn't coming up for any air.

I was so worried.

Not for him...that he would eat all the apples before I had a chance to eat some myself! Such a selfish aunt, right?

Well, it's one way to get kids to eat their apples. Just use this recipe below...and definitely enjoy!

Carmel Apple Cheesecake Dip
What You Will Need:
1 block cream cheese, room temperature
4 tablespoons confectioners sugar
caramel sundae sauce
mini chocolate chips
Heath bar (or Butterfinger would work too!) crushed
Granny Smith apples, slice and soaking in lemon juice/ water until ready to serve.

What You Will Do:
  • Beat the cream cheese and confectioners sugar until slightly fluffy.
  • Spread the cream cheese mixture onto a serving platter.
  • Top with caramel sauce, mini chocolate chips and crushed Heath bar.
  • To serve, arrange the sliced Granny Smith apples around the platter.

No comments:

Post a Comment