Tuesday, March 26, 2013

DIY Gardener's Hand Scrub...

In all our craftiness, my Mom and I found a DIY hand scrub that is FABULOUS. To me it's almost as good as the Mary Kay scrub AND something that I can make with things from my own kitchen.

Whip up a batch of this recipe in little jars and you have yourself a GREAT gift. Check it out and be on your way to smoother, lovely-smelling hands! (I must add that the site made this scrub to wash away dirt after gardening. But we found that it made our hands smell sooo good and were wonderfully soft!)

Gardener's Hand Scrub
What You Will Need:
1 bottle Dawn Dish Soap with Olay Beauty Hand Renewal
Sugar
Olive Oil (optional)

What You Will Do:
  • Fill your jar 3/4 full of sugar.
  • Add Dawn Dish Soap until it reaches just below the bottom of the mouth of the jar.
  • Stir the sugar and soap together, adding sugar a little at a time until it's a past-like consistency. I didn't want mine runny!
  • OPTIONAL: For smaller jars you can mix in 1/2 Tablespoon of olive oil if your hands are rough and chapped. Then continue to add sugar until desired consistency.
  • I then hot glued some flowers to the lid to dress up the jar, but you could just tie with  twine or ribbon and add a cute label with these instructions:
Use a small amount of hand scrub to rub onto your hands then rinse with water.
The sugar works as an abrasive to remove dirt and dry skin while the
soap washes it all away!

No comments:

Post a Comment