Friday, June 20, 2014

Tissue Paper Butterflies...

I KNOW.....It's been WAY too long since my last post. In fact my Dad asked me the other day why I haven't posted on my blog in a while. Needless to say, when my Dad pointed that out I knew I'd better get back to it.  I'll save the "this-is-how-I've-spent-the-last-seven-months" post for another time.

What I do want to share with you today is a super-duper easy and fun craft my kiddies did yesterday called Tissue Paper Stain Glass Butterflies from over at Mama Miss. Her photos of her kid's project are way prettier than mine if you need some help with the inspiration or even help with the directions. I did make a few changes myself due to the materials I had on hand.

So here's a few details about this cute little project your kiddies will enjoy!

TISSUE PAPER STAIN GLASS BUTTERFLIES
by Mama Miss

What You Will Need:
  • The printable HERE with the shaded butterflies cut out
  • Laminator (I did use laminating sheets from my personal laminator instead of contact paper. Watch out for the static that tends to attract the tissue paper!)
  • Laminator sheets or contact paper
  • Scissors
  • Tissue Paper
What You Will Do:
  • Print out the butterfly printable
  • Cut out the butterfly silhouette and lay on inside of laminating sheet.
  • Have them lay out or dump on the little squares of tissue paper.
  • Carefully close the top part of the laminating sheet (Watch out for the static that attracts the tissue paper!!)
  • Laminate and then hang!


I'm sure your kids will enjoy it as much as mine did!! If you get a chance to try it please come back and leave me a note as to your thoughts! And it you want any more ideas check out My Kiddies Board over on Pinterest! We're already done the Band-Aid Butterflies from Fun Family Crafts...

No comments:

Post a Comment