Well, you know me. I hunt around and try out recipes that try to satisfy our craving for Mexican until I find one that is just right for our family. So if you're in the mood for some quick and easy enchiladas (whether they be beef or chicken) served with rice and beans, then let me share with you a meal our family enjoys.
Chicken Enchilada Dinner
with Rice and Beans
- Old El Paso Enchilada Dinner Kit (The spices, enchilada sauce, and tortillas are included in the kit)
- 1 lb. Uncooked Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (You can also use ground beef!)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbls. Butter
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Bush's Cocina Latina Frijoles Charros Machacados (Now that's a mouthful!!)
- Uncle Ben's Ready Rice: Spanish Style
- Cook the chicken breast according to the back of the Old El Paso Dinner kit box. Before I wrap my chicken in the tortillas, I sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese inside, roll the tortilla, then place in the 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the enchiladas, sprinkle on MORE cheese (I LOVE cheese!), cover with foil, and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the enchiladas are baking, heat the frijoles on the stove. I add a little water to loosen them up. Serve with shredded cheese melted over the top.
- Heat the rice in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Serve together!
This is definitely a YUM! meal for my family and it takes about 30 to 35 minutes to prepare from start to finish. Let me know if you get a chance to try this and what you think. Enjoy!!