Friday, July 18, 2014

Our Journey of Love....

You may have seen this idea over on Pinterest before but once I saw this idea for a personalized work of art I just had to try it....
One heart is of the city where the love of my life and I were married; the second, where we spent our honeymoon; and the third, where we first lived.

Now there are different ways you can go about personalizing your own work of art showing your own journey of love. You don't even have to put your hearts in the same frame. One idea pictured had each heart in it's own frame. Another idea was a miniature cut-out of each state and not just the city. Most pictures were of where they met, where they got engaged, and where they were married. For me I needed three different hearts.  So here's how I did it...

To begin I found an old Rand McNally map at a thrift store and using a heart shape cut on a Cricut machine, cut out each city. Once I glued them on to scrapbook paper I wrote beside each heart why they were important and then added our names because it really did look a little bare. The mat and frame were purchased together for $8 at Dollar General.

Have to say this is one of my favorite pictures hanging in the den of our house. It's place of honor? Right next to our wedding photo.

To find more ideas simply check out Love Story Map over on Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. This was a nice craft.....that will turn into a keepsake~

    ReplyDelete