Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Happiness Is...

There are many things in life that bring happiness. My salvation, for instance, makes me happy. There is nothing like knowing your sins are completely forgiven and death is no longer something to be afraid of.

My husband makes me happy. He knows exactly what to say or do to get me to laugh. And I don't mean just laugh. It's the snorting kind of belly laugh.

My children make me happy. I really don't know how to contain myself when they obey, do their chores, mind their manners, make good grades, and get along with each other. It doesn't happen often but we're working on that.

Students who study, pay attention and participate in class, do well on their work, and think outside the box on their projects...make me happy. (Is this really too much to ask?) Seriously...it's research paper season and I'm trying to pump myself up to grading them.

Coffee makes me happy. Like "curl up with a warm, creamy cup of coffee and a good book" kind of happy.

My new Bath and Body Works "Coconut Lime Breeze" scent makes me happy. The smell makes me want to eat a bowl of sherbet or enjoy some sun and a good book on a secluded beach somewhere.

Probably should add that reading a good book makes me happy. There's nothing like being so totally engrossed in a fictional world that you don't even realize what's going on around you.

And then there's this....
My brand new Dyson makes me happy.

I know what you're thinking, but I'm here to tell you that I did NOT spend a fortune on this little piece of machinery. In fact, this package of happiness was purchased at almost 60% off the regular price! The reason? The box had damage to it. Not quite sure when the condition of a box caused the value of something to plummet  60%, but I wasn't complaining!

So here's how happy I was at my find: I vacuumed my bedroom four times...in one day. And still the collection cup had lots of stuff in it. Shows me just how little my regular vacuum was picking up each week.

I'm pretty sure I was sucking up dirt from my crawl space. It's never been cleaner.

In my exuberance I mentioned to my husband that I'd never go back to a "cheap" vacuum. He was, however, not as thrilled as I was. I'm sure he was thinking about how much a regularly priced Dyson would cost. "I don't think I could stomach spending $400 for just a vacuum," he said.

So what makes you happy? When you think about it, just the simple things of life can bring about some of the greatest happiness. Do share some of that happiness with me!

Simply Uncomplicated,

2 comments:

  1. Coffee and a good book make me happy as well! I used to think my mom was crazy for wanting a vacuum for Christmas and for being so excited about it, but I'm understanding it now. Between a gift card and sales, we finally got a ninja blender that I had been badly wanting... Never thought I'd be so excited about blender, but I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved my Dyson! It lasted 12 years in big houses with lots of guys and lots of dirt. Definitely worth $400!

    ReplyDelete