Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thankful Thursday...

Today is Thanksgiving. My mouth is watering with anticipation for the lovely meal my family and I will sit down to in a few hours. I won't write much...there are wwaayy too many things I'm thankful for to list them here. I heard a preacher once say: I'm drinking from the saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed! which completely sums it all up.

As we do every Thanksgiving morning (and Christmas morning, too), we enjoy a plate of homemade ooey-gooey goodness we call "Monkey Bread" although, the recipe does say "Sticky Buns." But no matter what they're called, they sure don't disappoint.

We've already enjoyed ours this morning. Hope you will try this recipe for yourself. Enjoy!

Sticky Buns
from Sarah McCabe

What You Will Need:
  • 15-20 frozen bread rolls (yeast, preferrably, and ones that take time to rise)
  • 1 package Cook & Serve Butterscotch Pudding
  • 1/2 Stick butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
What You Will Do:
  • Place frozen rolls in a sprayed Bundt pan.
  • Sprinkle the pudding mix over the rolls
  • Mix butter, brown sugar, & cinnamon. Drizzle over the rolls
  • Cover with a towl and let rise overnight on the counter.
  • Next morning, bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until done.
  • Cover with plate and flip over until all is on the plate.
Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all! 
May you have a day filled with good food and good fellowship!

1 comment:

  1. Ree Drummonds Monkey Bread is awesome! I made it for Thanksgiving and Christmas also when Ron was still alive. I am definitely trying this one. Also, I have so much to be Thanksful for - to numerous to mention. Our God is an Awesome GOD.

    ReplyDelete