Thursday, January 26, 2012

Trip to Target 1/26...

Usually I like to take a trip to Target once week just to check out the meat department for markdowns and use up some of the coupons I've collected.  There are some weeks where I don't go because the sales are just not that great. Today was my first trip in three weeks and it was good!!


Here's a run down of the items bought, coupons used, and the amount saved:

  • 2 packages Bar S Frank Hot Dogs @ $.77 each 
    • Final Price = $1.54 (This is cheaper than HEB & Kroger--one for the fridge/one for the freezer)
  • Market Pantry (Target's Brand) Shredded Cheddar Cheese @ $2.54 
  • Market Pantry 8 oz. chunk Cheddar Cheese @ $2.49
  • 2 boxes Flinstone Vitamins @ $5.99 each 
    • - (2) $2.00 Target coupon 
    • - (2) $2.00 Manufacturer Coupon 
    • Final Price = $3.98
  • 1 box One A Day Adult Multivitamin @ $6.99 (Reg. $7.89)
  • 1 box Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner @ $1.97 
    • -$1.00 Manufacturer's coupon for 1/22/12 SS (exp. 5/31/12)
    • Final Price = $.97 (I'll pay $.97 to not have to empty, soak, and scrub my crock pot!!)
  • 4 boxes of Skinny Cow Candy @ $3.99
  • 2 boxes of Wonka Candy with Valentine's Day cards @ $3.29 each
  • (Not Pictured) Pre-K "Same & Different" workbook @ $1.00 (dollar spot)
In total I spent $18.64 with a total savings of $32.98!! That means over $50 worth of merchandise for less than $20. Can't beat that!!

There are selected varieties of One-A-Day vitamins and Flinstone vitamins marked that if you buy three you will get a $5 Target gift card. Because I bought Flinstone vitamins with immunity boost my purchase didn't qualify.

Also, remember my post about free Up & Up paper towels?  There was not one in the entire store!  I don't know how long it will take them to re-stock but save the coupon if you printed it. There may be free paper towels in our future yet!!

1 comment: