Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A New Take on Kraft Fresh Takes..

I tried something new back in February: Cheddar Jack & Bacon Fresh Take from Kraft. At first I tried it on chicken and it received moderate reviews from my family. I then used the same one again last week on pork chops and received RAVE reviews. I'm filing that recipe away for later.

So I'm at it again...this time with Italian Parmesan on a Pork Butt Roast. Usually I season the pork roast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and dry roast in the crock pot all day. This time I expanded my horizons...
After coating both sides there was still quite a bit left so I sprinkled the remaining crumbs on the top.
Then I dry roasted in the oven at 350 degrees F for one hour and twenty minutes (It was 2.4 lbs. so I calculated 20 minutes/pound but after an hour it still wasn't done.  Just had to keep my eye on it. I think maybe I should invest in a meat thermometer!)
The crust paired nicely with the juicy meat on the inside.

Nothing like a picture of a slab of meat...sorry, need to work on my picture taking.

This was FANTASTIC and another recipe I will add to my repertoire.  The Kraft Fresh Takes are currently on sale at Kroger for $1.99 when you buy 10 participating items. If you are on Kroger's mailing list you should get a coupon in the mail (if you haven't already) for $1.00 off!!  Not to shabby for $.99 and some meat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment