Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Up in the Air, Junior Birdman...

Ahhh....flying to California! There's nothing like leaving at 5:45 am to head off to airport for a day of fun-filled adventure, in an airplane to boot!
They were a little too bright-eyed for that early in the morning. Their mother sure didn't look like that and I had even had coffee!

The lines were unbelievable long to check-in baggage and we found out later it was because one of the luggage belts was not working. Workers were having to hand-deliver all the bags to their correct plane. Yet leave it to children to find fun in even waiting in line...
Michael was fascinated with the automatic door. Open, close. Open, close. He was amazed that it operated without touching it. I'm thinking my children need to get out more.

Their favorite airport activity, however, was to watch the planes from the terminal, AND run around at an empty gate, AND pose with Daddy...
But once we're on the plane, a whole new world opened up. This year Melody had her own seat. She quickly found the "In Case of Emergency" pamphlet (which she called her "Treasure Map"...at least it had pictures) and set about plotting our escape route, just in case something happened while in flight...
I felt so much safer knowing my two-year old knew exactly where we were to exit the plane.

It wasn't until after we were in the air that the "Crazy Blog Lady" in me re-appeared. If you haven't read about my last adventure to Alabama then I urge you NOT to read all about this crazy person I turn into while in flight. It's this weakness I have being so overcome with excitement that I'm off on some crazy adventure.

I don't know how many aerial photos I took on this trip but they are AWESOME! Like this one somewhere over the Rockies....
So axfter three hours and twenty-five minutes of flying, welcome to Los Angeles...
...where is it was a fantastic 72 degrees with a slight breeze off the Pacific. *Sigh* 


I hope you're not entirely disappointed that I only posted one aerial photo. Trust me I have many more that I will be uploading to our family website "Just the Three of Us" even though it really is the four of us (long story).  For the full affect of our trip you can head on over there or simply read the condensed version here.

But I'm a warnin' ya'--I have lots more pictures to share! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment