If you would like to Pin this recipe to one of your boards to try later, simply place your mouse over the picture and then click on the Pinterest logo that shows up. Such a nifty new feature here at Simply Being Kari. You can also now follow all my Pinterest boards by clicking the "Follow Me on Pinterest" button on the right-hand side right above "About Me".
*Note: We left out the crushed saltine crackers.
What You Will Need:
1 8-oz. can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
8-oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
2-3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
(1 sleeve of Saltine Crackers if you desire)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup milk
2 spoon-fulls sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheese
What You Will Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Soften 1/4 cup butter and 8-oz. block of cream cheese. Then stir to a smooth consistency. Add cooked shredded chicken to the bowl.
- Lay out the 8 crescents on a cookie sheet. Stretch the crescents out.
- Place a couple of spoon-fulls of the creamy chicken mixture into the center of the crescent to fill it out. Then fold the crescent around the mixture so that none of it is showing. This is where the "pillow" term comes in to play.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, put the egg and a little bit of water, maybe a couple Tablespoons, and beat together. Dip the "pillow" into the blended egg. After dipping into the blended egg, proceed to dip it into the crushed saltine crackers and place on a cookie sheet. Repeat for the remaining 7 crescents.
- Cook the pillows at 400 F for 20 minutes. This took about 12 minutes in our oven, so begin checking after 10 minutes.
- For the sauce topping: Put can of cream of chicken and milk into a sauce pan. (My Mom used Cream of Chicken and Herb) Add as much milk as you want to get it to the consistency you want, i.e. thicker or runnier. When hot enough add 2 spoon-fulls of sour cream and cheese to your liking.