Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Peas in a Pod...

I'm about fifteen blog posts behind.

No, really.

I guess what I mean to say is that over the last two weeks I've mentally written fifteen posts. It's finding a few minutes here and there to sit down and actually get them posted.

One thing I have stated over and over since starting this blog is that cooking is really not my thing. Not that I can't follow a recipe, but I completely lack any ability to be free with my cooking. And to top it off I was totally in a "cooking rut" before we moved.

So while we've been living with my parents and waiting for our house to be sold I've been working on "bettering" my cooking AND crafting skills. After all I used to not have time to craft because I was chasing two kids around and keeping up with family duties, all while trying to keep my house clean. Now that I really don't have an entire house to take care of I've actually found I have some time to work on skills that I lack before we find our own place to live.

Hence this post.

It seems like every other weekend there's a baby shower here at our new church. And since I'm working on my crafting skills I thought I'd try to be a little more creative with my shower gifts. I have two in particular that I've put together but I'm only sharing this one now.

Introducing...
Baby Washcloth Pea Pods
Etsy has them for sale for $10.00 for one but I actually tried making them myself.

One Pea Pod is made out of 4 baby washcloths. I actually purchased two packages with 16 total baby washcloths at my local Dollar General for $8, which gave me four pea pods.

Here's how I made them:

Begin the pod by laying one washcloth flat and fold the top and the bottom into the middle to form this...
To form the peas themselves fold a second washcloth once like this...
...and then over again. With the fold side up begin rolling and secure the end with a small piece of Scotch tape, like this...
Once you've rolled three small washcloths and secured them with tape, set them on on the first folded washcloth like this...
To finish the pod simply pull both sides up and use ribbon or wrapping string (like I used) to secure each end...
I ended up with four pods which I put in a basket with hooded bath towels my Mom made and an assortment of bath shampoo, lotion, and Desitin purchased by my sister. Bath time was all taken care of!

To check out these Pea Pods simply click HERE. Too adorable and easy too!

1 comment:

  1. The only thing that could make those pea pods cuter would be googly eyes. Adorable gift!

    ReplyDelete