Monday, April 8, 2013

Banana Poke Cake...

Even though I haven't done much posting in the last week due to a super busy schedule (throw in a case of the stomach flu just for fun to mix things up a bit) my Mom and I have still been trying out new recipes.

Ok, so maybe I took a break on the days I wanted nothing to do with food: what it looked like, tasted like, or smelled like. Yuck!

Here's a delicious new dessert you will want to try. It's not super sweet either which made it a big hit with my husband. I even sent several pieces in with my Mom for the ladies in her college Home Economics class. One lady took two pieces home so her husband could try it too and he ate both pieces, leaving her one little bite.

I hope you get a chance to try it and then come back and let me know what you think. And as always--Enjoy!

Banana Poke Cake
What You Will Need:
Classic Yellow Cake Mix
Cool Whip
2 small boxes of Jell-O Vanilla pudding
Box Nilla wafers
2 bananas (I added this to the recipe)

What You Will Do:
  • Make the cake mix in a 9x13 baking dish, following the boxes directions.
  • While still warm poke holes all along the top of the cake.
  • Mix the two boxes of vanilla pudding together using 3 cups of milk and the two packages of pudding mix. Then pour over the top of the cake so that the pudding fills up the holes.
  • Cut the bananas into slices and distribute evenly over the top of the pudding before spreading the entire contents of the Cool Whip over the top.
  • Crush up some Nilla wafers in a bag then sprinkle heavily over the top of the Cool Whip. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment