Thursday, July 24, 2014

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff...

When I was a little girl I have a vivid memory of a cooking lesson my Mom gave me. We were making a new recipe she found called Beef Stroganoff. Now there were two aspects of this memory that I remember most: 1) there were many ingredients as well as many different steps to this dish and 2) it tasted DE-licious! Creamy, flavorful, mouthwatering are all great adjectives to describe this dish.

Well, I had a craving this week for some of that Beef Stroganoff but due to budget and time restrictions I was really at a loss as to what to do.

Enter Pinterest. Probably never guessed I was going to say that, did you?

I had found a fabulously cheap package of nice stew beef while out grocery shopping the other day so I pulled my cart over into the frozen department, pulled out my iPad, logged in to the in-store wifi, and searched for "Easy Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff."

There are MANY recipes that you could use but I was looking for one that contained ingredients like cream cheese, sour cream, and beef broth. Below was my final creation...tweaked to my family's liking.

My six year old almost licked the plate...ok, so I almost did, too! Enjoy!

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff

What You Will Need:
  • 1-2 lbs cube steak or stew beef cut into 1/2 inch pieces
  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup chopped onion (optional--I did not use this)
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 14 oz. can beef broth
  • 8 oz. button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered (optional--I did not use these)
  • 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
What You Will Do:
  • Cut the beef into 1/2 pieces and place in bottom of crock pot. Season with salt and pepper.
  • Pour the can of beef broth, cream of mushroom soups, and Worcestershire sauce into the crock pot.
  • Cook on low 4-6 hours.
  • Add more salt and pepper as desired. I added some TexJoy for some added flavor.
  • Stir in sour cream and cream cheese thirty minutes before serving.
  • Serve over cooked egg noodles.
If you get a chance to try come this dish, come back and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment