Saturday, March 10, 2018

It's Been A Lllloooonnnngggg Time...

My last post was almost 3 1/2 years ago and WOW! has life changed! My youngest just turned four and carries on the most delightful conversations with me now! One day he wants to be a preacher while the next day he wants to be Spiderman. Ahhh...such tough choices he's facing right now!
My oldest is two months from turning ten and I'm still trying to figure out where the time went! He's taken fourth grade by storm. Some days it's with hurricane force winds while other days are like gentle spring breezes. When did he get so big?
Speaking of growing up, my middle child is now eight and after this last growth spurt has now moved up into a woman's small. What?!?!
I know....I am not joking! Before too long she'll be asking to borrow my clothes. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. And here I thought the pediatrician was joking when he said she would probably be over six feet tall.

My dear hubby is an assistant pastor and recently added "Bible College Professor" to his resume. His Newcomer Sunday School class has been going strong for five years now. It's a thirteen week basic doctrines course where people graduate out and on to another class. We continually pray that the Lord will add to our class and every few weeks He answers that prayer. After almost twelve years of marriage I'm still amazed at how the Lord brought us together.
And then there's me. Still busy with teaching high school, keeping the home running, and making sure the highlights in my hair still cover all the gray. I took on a new role a couple of years ago when I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease that affects the thyroid. Now I'm learning the importance of daily hormone medicine, eating the right kinds of foods, and making sure I listen to my body. Brain fog and fatigue are all the rage now, have you heard? Just kidding...these are seriously no joke and can really derail my day.

So here I am...back to blogging. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've thought of a great blog post only to be sidetracked by one thing or another. But in this last week my hubby and I have started on a new eating regime. Ever heard of the Keto diet? Basically high fats and low carbs. This also means I'm back to trying a WHOLE bunch of new recipes. (Thank you, Pinterest!) I'm on a mission to lose twenty pounds over the next few months and prove to myself that you can still lose weight while dealing with issues like hypothyroidism. So this is my diary of sorts: recipes and updates....and the occasional coupon trip. Couponing is still a favorite hobby of mine. Something about saving money...or is it what you can get for free?

Thanks for stopping in and catching up. Now here we go! First weigh-in on Monday!!

5 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about dusting my old blog and starting again, but it just may not be the right time. Too much with my demanding job at the moment (outside the much more important jobs of being a wife and mother). I’m glad to see you’re writing again! Thanks for sharing! We are also trying to eat more “keto-friendly” meals. I haven’t completely given up my carbs though. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to give up carbs! They are in all the good stuff! I'm excited to find some great tasting alternatives!

      Delete
  2. So glad you’re back to blogging! I’ll be stopping by regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kari! It's good to hear from you! It sounds like life is blessed and full. Funny, I also was diagnosed with Hashimoto's a couple years ago. I am on natural desiccated thyroid, and I feel so much better. I keep blogging in my mind too. :) I did keto during my last pregnancy (#5), and I kept the weight off! So it definitely works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from you, April! Definitely been a long time. Our families have grown since we last in contact! Congratulations!! I really want to know more about this natural desiccated thyroid. I'm on synthoid and dont't like it at all. But I'm truly at a loss as to what is out there to switch to. I'll be doing some research on this. Thank you!!

      Delete