Sunday, March 11, 2018

Fat Head Pizza...

Over the last few years I've come to the realization that I LOVE FOOD! It's a comfort to me and yet my biggest enemy. It's basically a Love/Hate relationship: I love food but hate the weight I gain from eating said food. Hence the need to diet.

Enter a delicious way to make a low carb pizza! Don't laugh...I may have chuckled myself until I tried it out. When you're cutting back on carbs you're also cutting back on wonderful foods like pizza. Here's an alternative....
FAT HEAD PIZZA
What You Will Need:
  • 2 Tbsp. Cream Cheese
  • 1 1/2 c pre-shredded/grate mozzarella cheese
  • 2/3 c almond meal/flour
  • 1 egg (whisked)
  • Pinch of salt
  • Dried rosemary/garlic or other flavorings (optional)
  • Your choice of toppings (i.e. pepperoni, sausage, etc.)
What You Will Do:
  • Place the cream cheese on the bottom of a microwaveable safe bowl and cover with the mozzarella cheese. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
  • Stir and then microwave for another 30 seconds.
  • Add the egg, salt, almond flour, and seasonings and mix gently. I like to wet my hand and use it to mix everything together.
  • Place in between 2 pieces of baking parchment paper and roll out. My family prefers thin crust pizza so I rolled my "dough" out to fit into the bottom of a large cookie sheet. Remove the top baking paper and place on your baking pan. (If the mixture hardens and becomes difficult to work with, pop it back into the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften again but not long enough to cook the egg.
  • Make fork holes all over the pizza base and ensure it cooks evenly.
  • Bake 12-15 minutes at 425 F, or until brown.
  • To make the base more sturdy, flip the pizza over onto another baking parchment once the top has browned.
  • Once cooked, remove from the oven and all the toppings you like. Make sure any meat is already cooked. After adding toppings, bake again at 425 F for 5 minutes.
For complete nutritional information head on over to Ditch the Carbs. I've made this twice already and my family loves it! It's all the deliciousness of pizza but without the carb overload. Winner, winner!! Now on to find a low carb Krispy Kreme donut. Do they even exist?

2 comments:

  1. I’ve been using a crust from cut the wheat.com and I love it because it’s so easy. I think I’ll try yours and see how they compare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only complaint is that it doesn't crisp like a thin crust does. But the taste is of pizza is spot on!

    ReplyDelete