Monday, March 12, 2018

Weighing In...

Literally...here today to weigh in on the weighing in this morning. I'm happy to report that after one week I am down two whole pounds!! Now that's what I call progress. Who knew that measuring and counting the carbs in the food we were eating would reveal the great "carb-aholic" that I am.

Did you realize that just in coffee creamer there are 9 grams of carbs for 1 tablespoon in powder creamer while liquid creamer comes in at a 5 grams of carbs per tablespoon. We switched back to liquid creamer and I actually started measuring out how much was being added. No more just dumping in until I reach the desired effect! After all we are the type of people who like a little coffee with our creamer

Another particular change I made this week was to substitute eating lunch with a Butter Cookie for Energy from a recipe I found on Pinterest. For me I work out at lunch time and I really have no desire to work out on a full stomach....nor an empty stomach either. These Butter Cookies for energy are keto approved and are super easy to make. I'll include the recipe in a later post. After 45 minutes exercising I will follow with a Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bomb, another recipe I found on Pinterest. Both of these give me a total of 5 g of carbs for lunch and I can actually make it until we eat dinner around 5 pm without any blood sugar dips. These always leave me a bit shaky and in desperate need of any kind of food.

Great start for a Monday! I'm pumped as we head into this new week. A few new dinner recipes to try and some more delicious fat bombs to make. Who knew I wouldn't have to give up chocolate or peanut butter to lose a little weight! Now only 18 more pounds to go!!

3 comments:

  1. Great job! I’m looking forward to the recipes you share for fat bombs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should try heavy whipping cream! Zero carbs and so decadent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just tried that this morning actually on the recommendation of my friend, Jill! It was really, REALLY good. Added some cinnamon for flavoring. Delicious!! Thank you for the tip!!

      Delete