Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Trashing Tuesday...

From the title you'd think I was getting ready to list all the bad things about this Tuesday. Quite the contrary, actually.

I'm here to tell you I literally have a HUGE mound of trash on the curb this wonderful, subtropical-storm-Alberto-rainy-and-so-humid-it's-practically-raining-in-my-garage Tuesday.
My neighbors now think I'm crazy for taking a picture of my garbage (well, we've already proven there are Bats in the Belfry) and the trash man is truly going to love me for the slight overtime he'll be pulling at my house on Wednesday.

I've had several people ask me what my plans are for the summer. Normally we do some traveling but due to some important things going on this summer, we've decided to stick around here...and I've filled the rest of the days at home with cleaning out and getting organized.

So the day after graduation, I slept in and cleaned out almost all the cupboards in my kitchen. The next several days followed in the same manner: sleep in, drink coffee, get stuff done, drink more coffee....feel AWESOME.

Look how neat...
It's amazing how clean a closet looks when the shoes are all organized.

I can feel my house breathing a sigh of relief...especially after taking two van-loads of bags and boxes to the thrift store. And the garbage....I haven't even made it to my kids room yet.

Oh, yay...

What about you? Any plans for the summer: traveling, sleeping in, drinking coffee...or has the cleaning bug struck at your house, too? I'd like to hear.

Simply Trashin' Tuesday,

3 comments:

  1. Totally hit my house! I've got 2 trunks full myself and more (so much more!) to do. I think all of this clutter affects my brain sometimes! So glad to be getting it done plua all of those summer sewing projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My summer is busier than any other time of the year. I think I going to have to wait until fall to clean out and organize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the above? I have to clean out my house, I definitely plan on sleeping in, coffee is always involved, And then there's the traveling to another country.

    ReplyDelete