Sunday, May 27, 2018

In Memorial...

This weekend we remember those who have served in our nation's military, some who gave their lives during war time while others stood on guard to protect our great country against those who sought to do us harm.

In my own family, my grandfather, Ned Caywood (Navy) who drove a landing craft in the Mediterranean when Allied forced stormed Anzio Beach...
...to my Grandpa Dewey Allison, who served in the Army Air Reserves during World War II...
...to my husband's grandfather, George Smith, who served in the Army during the Korean War...
...we are grateful for their service. We honor them for their courage to face their enemies so that their grandchildren and great-grandchildren could grow up free.

And for those who are still with us, like my hubby...
...who sailed aboard the USS Carl Vincent in the Persian Gulf at the turn of the millennium, we thank you for service to our country.

On this Memorial Day,

No comments:

Post a Comment