Monday, June 11, 2018

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders...

The Epic Purge of 2018 is at an end, and my house has never felt lighter. All bedrooms have seen some form of change whether it be a total furniture rearrangement and massive clean out (toys and clothes) in both kid's bedrooms, to simply moving out a bookshelf from the master bedroom into another room. It's amazing how open and clean everything looks and feels.

After five carloads dropped at the thrift store and amazing piles of garbage at the curb (last one going out Wednesday) it better look different.

So now I'm back to trying new recipes to broaden our horizons in the meal department. I did make a few changes...like placing the pan under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp the bacon up. And I think I would cut my own chicken tender strips from boneless, skinless chicken breasts so they would thinner. Otherwise, this was a pretty tasty meal.

Maybe because no utensils were needed. We simply used our fingers to dip and eat.

My oldest ate more than my husband. I'd say it was a success!

The recipe also includes a recipe for your own Ranch Dip, but I used the ranch in my fridge. When you go to the website and print the recipe it will include both nutrition (no carbs, 211 calories, 16 g of fat, 15 g of protein) and dip recipe.

Are you ready? It's super yummy and super easy...my favorite kind of meal.

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

What You Will Need:
  • 12 chicken tenderloins (about 1.5 lb.)
  • 12 slices of bacon
What You Will Do:
  • Preheat the oven to 400 F.
  • Wrap each chicken tightly in a piece of bacon. Stretch the bacon as you wrap. Place on a baking sheet (I lined mine with aluminum foil for easy clean up) and bake for 35-45 minutes. If you are going to place under the broiler for crispier bacon, stay closer to the 35 minute mark.
  • Stir ingredients for the dip if you want to make your own. Serve with the cooked chicken.
Thank you, Joy Filled Eats, for posting this delicious recipe. Two thumbs up!!

Now tomorrow we'll be trying Fat Head Lasagna. It looks so Yum!!

2 comments: