Friday, June 8, 2018

"K"raving Keto...

It's been weeks and weeks since I wrote an update on my weight-loss journey. It had been seven glorious pounds...they were gone and then they came back. Grrr...

Of course there was the two weeks where school was ending, my birthday, my son's birthday, Memorial Day...it was so hard to eat right when I was indulging in slices of White Coconut Cream Cake from Publix or trying out the Shrimp Po Boy from the local eatery. Yum!

What can I say? It was my birthday, and my scale was NOT invited to the party!

But that's all changing. It's back to working out and eating right, especially since my doctor informed me at my yearly physical last week that my blood pressure is too high. I have been required to monitor it for the next two weeks at which time she will re-evaluate. It may mean a prescription for blood pressure medicine.

Oh. Joy.

Crazy enough, while indulging in foods that weren't so good for me, I was craving the fat bombs, the grilled meats, the chocolate mug cakes that we had enjoyed before.

So here are a few of the things we've been dining on recently.

Grilled Chicken Thigh Tacos...
The Carb Counter Tortillas have a net count of 6 carbs...fantastic, considering a regular tortilla has around 25 carbs (give or take). Overall, my Carb Manager App calculates one taco at 8 total grams of carbs.

We use these special tortillas for Breakfast Wraps: basically, scrambled eggs and sausage covered in shredded cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream and a taste of salsa. There's 8 grams of carbs there, too.

Then there's the Lettuce Wrapped Double Stacker...
Two grilled hamburger patties with American cheese, two pieces of bacon, a dab of mayonnaise and mustard, some pickles...all between two pieces of iceberg lettuce. This is drippy, gooey, finger-lickin' good! Be sure to have plenty of napkins around!

I also made the Fat Head Pizza this week with sausage and pepperoni and boy, was I full!

That's some good eating this week! It's good to be back.

What about you? Tried anything good this week? I'm always up for a good recipe...

Simply Salivating,

1 comment:

  1. I’m doing pretty good on the carbs for the past 3 weeks, although I did deliberately go off the diet for our anniversary. My problem is I think I still eat too much even when I’m eating low carb stuff. And I ache all the time from going to the gym. 🙄

    ReplyDelete