Thursday, June 7, 2018

Times A Flyin'...

Have you ever wondered what happens to the hours in the day? When you first wake up in the morning the entire day stretches before, filled with endless possibilities of what you can get accomplished. Then the evening comes and you wonder what happened to all that time. Where did it go?

I often ask this question, not just in the evening but all throughout the day. Like, while standing at the dryer folding clothes and wondering why ten different socks have no mates. 

Where did they go? Did the dryer "eat" them? 

Although I am happy to report that while doing the Epic Purge of 2018, I found most of the mates under my sons' beds and amongst the toys in my daughters closet. Needless to say we won't be needing socks any time soon

I've even heard my husband ask Where did it go? In this instance it's normally tinged with an edge of exasperation...at me...and in my defense I was cleaning up. I had no clue he just wasn't quite done using whatever it is.

But this is one questions I don't want to ask at the end of my day.

It's nice to be on break, to get things done one right after another, to enjoy the time at home; but the last thing I want to do is waste this time...and I don't want my children to squander it away either. 

I was pondering this question of Where did it go? as my children and I made our way to our local library today. Normally going to the library with three kids involves a good chunk of the day...something I'm not always a big fan of giving up. But then I remember that at the end of summer break I always regret that my children didn't read more. They're excellent readers and really do have a love for reading. 

During Sunday School this past Sunday my husband made this statement while teaching on stewarding our time: We make time for the things that are important to us. He went on to say that when we fall in love with Jesus, when serving Him becomes important to us, we have no problem in making time for Him.

Then there are verses like Redeeming the time because the days are evil (Eph. 5:16) and Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time (Col. 4:5) that remind me that my Heavenly Father doesn't want me wasting time either.

Do you find yourself asking Where did it go at the end of your day or have you found some ways that help you Redeem the time? Do share...

Sensibly Simple,

1 comment:

  1. I ask that question all the time. Seems like there’s never enough hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete