Friday, July 6, 2018

Keto Sausage Balls...

Have you ever tried a recipe where it wasn't necessarily an epic fail, but they turned out a wee bit different than the picture?

Oo, Oo...that's me!! (I'm waving my hand in the air in case you couldn't see it.)

I tried a new recipe today and it was super easy and it still tasted great. But I must prepare you...the picture I took of my finished product is laughable.

Go ahead...it's ok to laugh. I did when I pulled them out of the oven.

You see, I completely forgot to add the 8 oz. of cheddar cheese. So while they were still piping hot, I slice them each down the middle and sprinkled shredded cheddar cheese on the inside.

The finished result? They look like miniature heads with hair...

BUT--they are delicious. I'm sure they are even better with the cheese mixed in. AND--they were a HUGE hit with my kids...and me!

So for now I will post this "glorious" finished product. After all, this blog is not for the Food Network or anything. It's simply about wonderful things that happen to an average wife and mom, whether they be successes or failures.

Are you ready for the big reveal now? If you try them (which I hope you will!), come back and let me know what you thought. And as a reminder: Don't Forget the Cheese!!

Keto Sausage Balls

What You Will Need:
  • 1 lb. breakfast sausage (do NOT brown)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 Cup Almond Flour
  • 8 oz. Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/4 Cup grated parmesan
  • 1 Tbsp Butter (or coconut oil)
  • 2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
What You Will Do:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Add all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined. I used my hands.
  • Using a cookie scoop and your hands, roll the sausage mixture into 20-25 sausage balls.
  • Place the sausage balls on a cookie sheet.
  • Bake for 16-20 minutes.
  • Store in a sandwich bag or covered bowl in the fridge.
Overall the net carb is 1 gram per ball. For complete nutritional information and printable recipe, go to Keto Size Me.

Simply Delighted with the Results, 

1 comment: