Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Thoughts of School...

Six weeks from today Teacher In-Service starts. And if that's not a crazy enough stat for you here's another one: a brand new school year starts in seven weeks.

I'm going back to bed.

For the summer my rule of thumb has always been that the month of June is spent solely working on little projects around the house. Once VBS/Missions Conference are over with there's one more week to finish up anything I missed before July rolls around.

In July I begin brainstorming new project ideas, typing up a new syllabus for each class, starting lesson plans...reviving the creative juices I've let lay dormant for a month.

August is for getting uniforms and school supplies ready for the kiddos.

Oh how fast the summer is flying by!

So as I sit down to start working on classes, I wanted to send out a request. You see I've taken over being the coordinator for collecting Box Tops and My Coke Rewards for our school. Through these programs we've been able to earn extra money for our teachers to buy resources for their classrooms. This year some of the other teachers and I have come up with some awesome contests (with GREAT prizes) as a way for our students to get excited about bringing in Box Tops and Coke codes.

So here's where you come in...first of all I'm needing Clorox containers (like the one pictured below) and large coffee cans to make collection bins for each of the classrooms...
I'm also collecting the empty containers that Box Tops come on to make a display for our Parent/Teacher Meeting the night before school starts and a bulletin board for the hallway. Here's what I have so far...
But I need LOTS more!

Lastly, could you help me by cutting Box Tops and collecting Coke product codes for our school? If you don't have a child in our Academy, I will gladly accept them for my 11th and 12th homeroom. You can either bring them (or mail them) to me; or, in the case of the Coke codes, you could snap a photo of the code, send me the pic, and I will add it to our account. For my contact information click HERE to send me a private message.

Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment