Monday, July 2, 2018

Pumpkin Spice, Anyone?

I ran into Hobby Lobby this afternoon to kill a few minutes before a lunch meeting, and thought I'd look for some inspiration for decorating my classroom this next school year. To say I was confused by the sight that met my eyes is an understatement...
Not to sound ignorant or anything, but didn't the calendar just flip over to July? We're just reaching hundred degree temps and the humidity is starting to be a wee bit stifling...so the cool winds of autumn are really starting to sound so good right about now.

Maybe I was hallucinating (and crazy for quickly snapping a pic while an employee nearby eyed me carefully)...until I realized this pumpkin display ran the whole wall, way past the end of this picture.

I never knew all the different shapes and sizes that pumpkins are being sold in these days. What I will say is I'm definitely going back to buy this one...
It will look perfect on my mantle.

Oh, and did someone ask...
Why yes, yes I am, thank you very much. And just in case you didn't realize how much I look forward to the first Saturday in September, let's just stake this out in my front yard...
So is this dreaming or just wishful thinking?

Summer just started and we haven't even celebrated the fourth of July. Why, why, why are they putting out adorable fall things now? It's like buying a beautiful dress in January and eagerly anticipating Easter so you can wear it.

I want to say that I will not fall prey to this brazen marketing scheme, but I learned last year when I went to buy new Christmas decorations at the beginning of December...should have bought it when I saw it at the end of October! By early December, Valentine's was making an appearance.

Isn't life already moving fast enough without retailers telling us we have to buy next seasons things right now?

Simply Ranting,

No comments:

Post a Comment