Saturday, October 20, 2018

Counting the Ways...

Today is rather special day for my Dear Hubby and me. Twelve years ago today we vowed to love and cherish each other until death do us part.
I have to admit that by the start of 2006, I really thought that at the age of 25 I was doomed to spinsterhood. I had been praying and fasting for months for the Lord's leading in my life, if He wanted me to go teach at another school, teach English in another country, move into my own apartment (still living at home), buy a sports car (seriously, I considered this nice yellow mustang)....really, something....anything. I felt like I was at a pivotal point in my life.

Little did I know just how pivotal that year would be.

In March, my Dear Hubby (then just an aquaintance) and I started e-mailing and talking on the phone. In May he flew out to meet me for the first time and spend Memorial Day weekend with my family. By mid-June we were engaged...and married in October.
In twelve years, we've moved five times in two states; mourned the loss of a baby at ten weeks, a mom with Lou Gehrig's disease at 57, a dear Nanny, and a beloved Grandpa. We've rejoiced at the births of three healthy children, survived a category two hurricane, a major career change a few years later, and the five agonzing days our youngest newborn lay in the NICU. We've even learned to cope with the health "hurdles" the Lord has sent our way. Still we find ourselves more blessed today than the day we were married.

I can even venture to say I love him more today than I did the day we said "I Do". He was an answer to a prayer of  someone who thought the Lord had forgotten her. I wasn't truly forgotten...the time just wasn't right. We both were being groomed for just the right moment to meet.

It was worth the wait.
Happy 12th Anniversary, My Love!

Simply Blessed,

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to a wonderful Neice and her equally wonderful Husband. I pray God continues to bless you as you continue your journey together. I love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! We love you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED this post! Happy Anniversary Kari!

    ReplyDelete