Sunday, November 18, 2018

It's That Time of Year...

I haven't fallen off the face of planet...just in case you were worried since I haven't written in a while. Unfortunately, we are at a time right now (aka "the Holidays") where there is an overabundance of things to do and simply not enough time to get them done.

Here's something that I've been able to mark off my list this last week...
My tree is up...two whole weeks before Thanksgiving. Patting myself on the back for this one.

Now I can officially say that my holiday decorations are both Fall AND Christmas!

And in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am so thankful all three of my children are old enough to lend a hand with putting the tree up. What normally takes me almost three hours to do on my own, took an hour-and-a-half: from getting it out of storage to applying the last strand of tinsel.

Now on to checking off those yearly pictures. After all, we'll be sending out Christmas cards in a few weeks. Better get a move on.

It probably didn't help that I chose one of the windiest, coldest days of the season to take outdoor photos...
My oldest was quite warm, as was my daughter...
But this little guy?
We had to redo because all he could do was shiver. That does not look good in pictures, let me tell ya'!

So between shoots we waited over a week, two cold fronts, and six straight days of rain before we could head back outdoors.

Now all we need is a good "together" photo...
Oh, wait! I seem to be missing a child.

Don't worry. We'll get her in there the next time the weather decides to cooperate.

How's your holiday season warming up?

Simply Gettin' In the Spirit of the SeasonS,

No comments:

Post a Comment