Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Voting Day...

I have high hopes for today. Not for the fact that this is General Election Day, although I did go out and do my civic duty today...

...and got the sticker to prove it, which I am wearing proudly.  No, today I have high hopes for the reason that I have the day off AND it's election day.

For some strange reason, I've always been interested in politics. Now don't panic...I'm not about to start a new trend on this site by ranting and raving about the political climate of today.

Ain't nobody got time for that, and I'm sure everyone is very, VERY tired of political cartoons, commercials, flyers, and rhetoric by this point.

Yet when it comes to a highly anticipated election day, I find myself extremely antsy. It's the great count down until 7 pm when the polling places close and results start pouring in. And while I wait I flip from news channel to news channel only to hear that they really don't have any new information.

It was during the Presdiential Election of 2016, my husband banned me from watching the returns, and I really couldn't blame him. I was about to climb the walls with pent up energy. Instead I channeled that energy into cleaning out my closet...and when I say clean, I mean C.L.E.A.N.

Gone were clothes that hadn't been worn in over a year, shoes that had seen better days, purses that needed a new home, jewelry I'd been hording and never worn...the result was a beautiful site.

Fast forward two years and another election day is upon us. For today, my high hopes aren't really centered around who gets elected and who doesn't. It's not even on who stays in office or who gets voted out.

*Cue the patriotic music*

No, I have high hopes that I'll get to enjoy a cup of coffee in bed, still in my PJ's...that those three loads of laundry that are piled high in the clean laundry basket will actually get folded...that my living room will finally get straightened and vacuumed...that I can take a nap without worrying about whether or not my things for school are ready to go...

They may say "Get out and vote today!" when all I aspire to do is just get to the keurig for another cup of coffee. Yup....it's just me with all these high, high hopes.

Simply Enjoying a Break,

No comments:

Post a Comment