Monday, December 31, 2018

Then There were Six...

My youngest suprised my husband and I a few weeks ago by asking out of the blue when we were going to have another baby...

You could have heard crickets.

Apparently I was speechless, which does not happen often. My husband, on the other hand, was quick to reply, "How 'bout we get a kitty cat instead?"

That seemed to appease my youngest's mind as he ran off to play; while I, on the other hand, found my mouth opening and closing at repeated intervals. I couldn't decide what I was more stunned at: the fact my four-year old asked for a baby or my husband substituted with a cat.

Now several weeks later, I'm still wondering how we got here...
Meet the newest member of our family, T. C.

It took some thought as to the absolute perfect name for this little guy. "Tex"  made him sound ferocious when in reality he sounds more like a squeaky toy. We decided on the initials of my hubby's hometown...after all TC's an orange tabby and orange was one of the colors of my hubby's high school football team...
My Mom suggested T.C. could stand for "The Cat", which seemed fitting for our family. He is, after all, the first cat (or pet, for that matter) that we've ever had.

Sometimes he even acts like a baby, like when he curls up to sleep on my shoulder...
...minus the two hour feedings and the toting around of a packed diaper bag.

Even if you don't like cats (that was me a few months ago) there's really no denying he's a cutie...
Wait a minute, cutie or not, I do NOT share my coffee...
Is he seriously making a play for my coffee?
Well...the nails have come out. I'll take that as a hint that he'd like a sip...

So besides the tussels over what's mine and what's his (and the coffee is DEFINITELY mine), he's been a great addition to our family...kitty litter and all.

Simply Enjoying Pet Ownership (for now),

1 comment:

  1. Should have talked to me first. We got our 2 fur babies at 6 weeks old. They are four legged terrorists. But I still love them.

    ReplyDelete