Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Snow Day....

I woke up a few days ago with an alert on my phone that we were under a winter storm watch.

You know what that means: Snow Day!!

I don't know who prayed more...the teachers or the students. At first we were to get two to four inches, then it diminished to one to three inches, and then down to less an inch. In all honesty, it wasn't looking too good.

But then came Monday morning and a brand new weather alert. It seems we'd gone from a winter storm watch to a winter storm warning. That meant all day we were anxiously awaiting the closing of our city schools. The rule is when the city schools close, then we're closed.

Word came a little after three pm. The governor declared a state of emergency which meant one thing: NO SCHOOL!!

And then we waited. Clouds rolled in, I went to the store for my bread and milk (Southern joke), the rain came down, and we huddled down in our houses waiting for the first few flakes to fall.
Wow! So much snow. I don't think I can get out of my house. May need a few more days of no school for it to thaw out.

Talk about disappointing...

Oh, we still got the day off of school (Yay!), but the only other thing we got was freezing cold temps.
Thirty-two is usually not so bad, but it's the Feels Like of twenty-three degrees that has me curled up on my bed staring at a full basket of clean clothes that need to be folded. 

I made the mistake of going outside to clean my back door...you know, catching up on some lite housework. But I think the Windex froze on the glass.

Oh well. I tried.

So it's back to bed for me. That basket of clothes won't be going anywhere...no matter how much I want it to.

Simply Enjoying the "Snow",

2 comments:

  1. Ashlyn woke up, went straight to the window and starting sobbing. It made us all sad over the lack of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d be glad to send you some of our snow, but we seem to be having more ice and freezing rain than anything else lately!

    ReplyDelete