Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Celebrating...

 Today my dear hubby and I celebrate our fifteen year wedding anniversary...

My, it seems like only yesterday while at the same time so long ago. I told my kids that and they gave me that look of "Mom, you're crazy."

Seriously, I remember all the wedding planning...I may have planned things a little too well. Decorations, people, music, food....the timing of everything. And then, just like that, it was over. 

Much has happened in those fifteen years: babies, losses, moves, career changes, challenges...and yet, I wouldn't change a day of it.

Well, maybe the few times we didn't get along; but even then, those times were needed for growth and correction. 
I love this man and am so very greatful that the Lord brought our paths together. That was a miracle in and of itself: both in our late twenties, both still single, both praying for God to bring us mates. And our Heavenly Father, in His love and mercy, took two people, living almost eight hundred miles apart, and allowed them to meet via email with an opening line (from me, by the way): I saw that it was your birthday and just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday.

Poetic and a wee bit forward, what can I say. Let me just add that my sister made me write it.

So here's to celebrations and to fifteen, no, fifty more years with the love of my life.

Simply Celebrating,

2 comments: