Monday, January 3, 2022

Motivation...

Are you needing a little push this morning? After all, it is the very first Monday of a brand new year...it's also the first day back to school from Christmas break for me. And let me just say, after a week with spring-like temperatures, in the middle of winter, over Christmas and New Years no less, we're looking at below freezing temps, ice, and snow on our drive in.

Uh, no thanks. At least now I'll actually be able to wear my new winter coat My Dear Hubby gave me for Christmas.

I know these last few weeks I've been absent from writing. I've been learning how to quiet the excess "noise" in my life. December is always a busy month for me at school with big projects, getting through material for finals; and this year I needed to have a cyst removed from the right side of my mouth. That meant a week of looking a little like the bride of Frankenstein (ok, maybe it wasn't that bad) while telling people not to make me laugh. 

You can guess how well that worked. They all personally made it there mission to get me to smile...and it hurt.

But now we're at the start of a brand new year. Made any resolutions? Have any key words as a theme for this year?

My Dear Hubby has decided on the word reasonable as his key word...and I have to say I might actually have to use it for my life as well. Reasonable in the way I think, reasonable in my emotions, reasonable in my behavior, reasonable in my speaking...Now I beseech ye therefore brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service (Rom. 12:1).

So on this very first Monday of this brand new year of 2022 here are some words of motivation...from the wrapper of my Hall's cough drops (they're truly inspirational):

March forward!

Nothing you can't handle!

Let's hear your battle cry!

Be resilient!

Conquer today!

Ellicit a few wows today! (Now this one could really go either way: Wow as in "that was amazing" or Wow and in "that was an epic fail")

Seize the day!

Push on!

Turn "can do" into "can did"!

...and my favorite:

Impress yourself today!

That one should be easy. I'm always impressed with myself when I'm able to get up, get ready, and get out the door on time with my three kiddos...all before I've had coffee. 

Here's to 2022...now go out and be Awesome!

Simply Cheering You On,

No comments:

Post a Comment