Tuesday, January 24, 2023

What Say You...

I'm in serious need of some help! Not mental help...more like opinion help. 

My Dear Hubby and I have had this ongoing debate about something and I'm really, REALLY hoping you can help us settle this issue once and for all.

Now you're probably wondering what in the world I'm talking about.

Before I present our disagreement, let me explain a little bit about my our personalities. I am a romantic at heart. When we're out on a date, I love to hold my Dear Hubby's hand, have his arm around me...just be close to him. I mean, we are on a date, right?

My Dear Hubby on the other hand is always mindful that not everyone around us would want to see PDA. Not that he isn't a romantic himself. But he is a guy.

If you know anything about how we met (via e-mail), courted, (also via e-mail and phone calls), and saw each other a total of ten days in person during the seven months of our courtship, then this question I'm about to ask will totally make sense. We didn't have the opportunity go on lots and lots of dates before we were married. Now date nights are one of my favorite activities to do with my Dear Hubby.

Here's where our disagreement comes in: I want to sit on the same side of the booth with him at the restaurant. He wants to see my face without turning his head while we're talking and eating.

What do you think?

Is it more appropriate to sit across from each other on a date or sit on the same side of the booth?

If we're seated at a table, then I'd totally sit across from him. But when we're given a booth, I think we should sit on the same side. 

He thinks I'm nuts. I think it's romantic.

Please help us settle this debate once and for all! Simply leave a comment below with what you think is the better seating arrangement when you go on a date with your hubby: across or beside? 

Simply Wondering,

13 comments:

  1. I vote across. Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Across! I like to look at my partner when we are eating and talking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Across. Hard to look into each others eyes if u r next to each other

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at each other in the eyes and talking is romantic. You have his undivided attention. Sitting beside each other is for snuggling on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take turns-- one time sit across, the next time sit side by side !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Across. It’s easier to talk that way. And, we just hold hands across the table while we wait for our food. Or play footsies under the table…

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like sit sit beside, but he prefers across.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Vote Beside

    ReplyDelete