Thursday, May 3, 2012

Deep Dark Chocolate Cake Recipe...

Guess what? I have another recipe to share with you....and it's not Pioneer Woman. I'm shocking myself--how "crafty" am I? Three recipes in one week!!

You know my love for making cupcakes, right? For me I've found that the cupcakes are so moist and delicious when I use a cake mix rather than making them from scratch. But while I was visiting my parents last month a friend of mine who makes the most delicious cupcakes from scratch gave me one of her favorite recipes to use. So I tried it...what have I got to lose, right?

So here's what you'll need while your oven is preheating to 350 degrees:
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup milk
Place all the ingredients in the bowl and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.

Stir in 1 cup boiling water (or coffee).

Pour into greased and floured pan(s) or cupcake wrappers.

Bake until toothpick comes out clean. For me it was around 19 to 20 minutes--but that depends on how much batter you put in each cup.
Don't overcook them...just when the top has some substance when you lightly press down should you take them out of the oven.

Let them cool for five minutes. Mmm...don't they look delicious?
Then I whipped up a batch of Wilton's buttercream icing, tinted it pink, and frosted!
The last step is to enjoy--enjoy every little bite!!

1 comment:

  1. You're such a good mom. You do cupcakes AND parks. I never was very good at either one of those things. I did Mother Goose records and old purses.

    ReplyDelete