Monday, June 25, 2012

On to the Pacific...

Whew! It's been a little busy and I apologize for leaving you with an unfinished version of our trip a week ago.  At first there was the flight out to Los Angeles and then our trip to the zoo. But there is just one thing I have to say about our trip to the beach...
I "heart" the Pacific Ocean. (har, har--allow me a chuckle or two) I just want to re-iterate that I did not say I "heart" the beach. No, it was the Pacific Ocean...ok, so maybe the "beachy" part before the ocean was just as beautiful, too.
We live seven minutes from Galveston Bay which is connected to the Gulf of Mexico (and yes, it's hurricane season. It's my second favorite season behind autumn and spring...I am so being sarcastic right now). The beaches of the Gulf nor the water of the Gulf can really truly compare to the beauty of the Pacific.
On the Monday of our trip we headed back down to Los Angeles to pick my parents up from the airport only to arrive an hour before they were to come in. It's called The Unpredictability of Los Angeles Traffic. You just never know if it will be smooth sailing or bumper to bumper traffic. So to kill time we opted for a trip to the beach...
We did some wading in the water...

...we built a sand castle...
...and just enjoyed being together.
By the way, the water was C-O-L-D....not really great for swimming but certainly fabulous for wading!

If you'd like to see many more pictures taken of our time at the beach then simply head on over to our family website Just the Three of Us. They've already been uploaded. I'm so on top of things! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment